Saturday, May 12, 2012

Thought for the day



What can I give that You have not given? And what do I have that is not already yours? All I possess is this life I'm living and that's what I give to You, Lord...


I was thinking about the above lyrics from the song I Offer My Life. What can I offer Him who has given me everything? What can I give Him in return? It's really sad knowing that the life I am living right now doesn't please Him. How can a broken life like mine glorify Him? When you want to give your loved one something, you want it to be the very best, something that would make him/her happy and make him/her realize how much you love him/her and how special he/she is to you. But it's not just a loved one I want to give something, it is my Great and Awesome God. The father who never left my side, the best friend who remained faithful, the mentor who never failed to correct me, Jesus Christ who loved everything about me. 

Here I am acknowledging my unrighteousness and unworthiness when He made me realized this:

Nothing you can do
Could make Him love you more
And nothing that you've done
Could make Him close the door
Because of His great love
He gave His only Son
Everything was done
So you would come

Come to the Father
Though your gift is small
Broken hearts, broken lives
He will take them all
The power of the Word
The power of His blood
Everything was done
So you would come

I pray you will also realize that there's nothing more you need to do to make Him love you more because He already bestowed upon us the greatest love of all when He gave His son to save us. Despite our shortcomings and weaknesses, I believe He never loved us any less. To God be all the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment