Sunday, June 10, 2012

Tale of the Tape

I just need to write something about Manny Pacquiao's recent fight against Timothy Bradley.

He didn't win not because he chose to become a CHRISTian.
He didn't win not because he chose to study the word of God.
He didn't win not because he chose to be very vocal about his faith and his belief.

How can people blame Pacquiao's defeat in him choosing to become a Christian? Just because he didn't win, it is already wrong to become a Christian?

What is your definition of CHRISTIANITY? Is it all glory, happiness and victory?

You are very wrong. It is written:

Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.


2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

My message to Manny Pacquiao
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.


Let me just quote this from Yahoo News by Reuters 35 minutes ago:


"I accept what the result is," Pacquiao said ringside. "I respect the judges, I cannot blame them. It is a part of the game. I give thanks to the Lord. I do my best but my best wasn't good enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment