Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Money


Let me just borrow some of the lyrics of Jessy J's Price Tag song:

Seems like everybody’s got a price,
I wonder how they sleep at night.
It’s not about the money, money, money
Why is everybody so obsessed?
Money can’t buy us happiness
Can we all slow down and enjoy right now?




These past few days, I feel like singing the part of the song aloud so that the people around me will hear:  It’s not about the money, money, money!

I feel like my head's going to explode! Oh my! Why is everyone around me whining about their lack of money and their need for more of it?!

I am not rich (rich meaning someone with abundant material possessions; who possessed a large amount of property). Of course, I know how it feels to have a desperate need for money, more of it. I've been through that for a long time and very much afraid of having to go through it again that is why I work hard. It's sad that people will hold grudges against you just because you weren't able to help them this time. They have already forgotten how many times you helped them in the past. Well, that's life. We are all different individuals. I just hope that they will come to realize we have our own responsibilities.

For everything in life that I've went through, this has become my principle - I don't know if this is good or bad but I have learned not to depend on other people. - ayaw ko ng umaasa sa ibang tao dahil ayaw ko ng nasusumbatan. Alam kong likas na sa tao na ipaalala sa iyo ang mga bagay na naibigay o naitulong na. Kung meron mang itinuro sa akin ang buhay, yun ay matuto na tumayo sa sariling mga paa at magsikap para sa ikakaunlad. Hindi dapat iniaasa sa ibang tao ang pagunlad ng buhay. At wag maging tamad dahil lang merong ibang maaasahan. Pinagkalooban ako ng Diyos ng kakayanan at kaisipan upang pagyamanin ang buhay na Kanyang ibinigay. Hindi ko ito iaasa sa ibang tao.

Philippians 4:11-13
For I have learned to be content, whatever the circumstances may be. I know now how to live when things are difficult and I know how to live when things are prosperous. In general and in particular I have learned the secret of eating well or going hungry of facing either plenty of poverty. I am ready for anything through the strength of the One who lives within me.

I am not rich but I KNOW I AM BLESSED.

No comments:

Post a Comment